Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Choosing good movies.

Have you ever gone to see a movie rated PG-13 that you thought should have been rated R? Or watched a movie with your kids that you didn't realize contained some bad language? By the time you've seen it, it's too late to do anything about it! I heard about a neat site that helps you to avoid those situations. It's called screenit.com, and it's a tool that everyone wanting to watch good movies should use!

The site watches all the latest movies, and old movies, and tells you exactly what they contain using several categories such as guns/weapons, violence, sex/nudity, and even frightening/tense scenes. They summarize with a section called 'Our word to parents' that sums up anything that might be of concern. You can quickly see what you will be getting when you choose to see that movie, or let your kids watch it. Amazing! So helpful!

Check out their website at screenit.com, and scroll to the bottom to be redirected to the free version of their site.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

this is a great site! My dad always used this for the movies we watched when I was in high school... :)

Memory said...

I love this site. I use it every time we're going to go see a movie or rent one. And I can't believe Danielle was in high school when screenit was around!!! Danielle, are you old enough to have a child?!?! :-) Ha!

Cheney Family said...

I have never heard about this site. I will have to use it next time. I know I always like to view movies that I think my kids would like first, so I know if it is ok. But this will help. Thanks!

Pam said...

Thanks! I will try that one out. We have used one called kids-in-mind.com too.