Monday, January 14, 2008

Christmas Gift Tradition

This Christmas I learned of a great family tradition here. (my husband's cousin's blog). The idea is to set expectations for your children regarding gifts from their parents. She is finding as her kids are getting older, that they are asking for & expecting more and more each year - with no limits. It can be hard to not go overboard and just get them everything they want. I was overwhelmed with how many gifts were under the tree this year at my parent's house! I think I'm going to try this out next year.

Each child receives one gift from each of 4 categories. Something they NEED, something they WANT, something to WEAR, and something to READ.

Check out her blog post for more details.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

kristen! that is cool! thanks for sharing. i would really like to do something like this with my own kids.

i was also wondering...what are some holiday traditions you all do to feel the spirit more around christmas?